Colours and more colours

One of the fun thing about painting candy and crystal is the bright colours and sharp lines.  To have vibrant colours, I have to apply many layers as I paint on a very thick paper (300 lbs Fabriano). Painting candy also requires for me to change some of my painting habits. To maintain the purity of the colours, I have to make sure that I rinse my brush very well in clean water before moving on to the next colour to avoid contamination. It also helps to work with freshly squeezed paint and brushes that have a sharp point.

Here are two small paintings just completed.  The licorice is my mom's favorite.  Although, I was always attracted by bright coloured hard candies, I never did enjoy them. Now I have found a practical use for them.

We had a couple of warm days this week which created problems with my hard candies. They melted a bit and kept sticking everywhere I put them.  It's surprising that I didn't get any sugar on my painting.


It's likely that both of these paintings will be at my upcoming exhibit at Da Artisti from July 31st to Oct 13th. 

Have a great week

Danielle

Comments