Orange is not my colour

Have you ever wondered why people are drawn to different colours more than others? Some people believe that colours are a reflection of personality. I find this type of stereotyping funny. Do you believe that someone's favourite colour is a reflection of their personality?

Almost everyone has a favourite colour. Even if you don’t think you have one, you’re probably still more naturally drawn to some colours more than others. Of all of the colours, orange is possibly my least favourite colour. Interestingly, my favourite colour is blue and is opposite of orange on the colour wheel. Artists sometimes use the contrast of complementary (opposite on the wheel) colours to create a vibrant impact. 


I don't own any orange coloured clothing and I rarely use orange in paintings because subjects that are orange don't naturally attract me.

Here is the latest painting I'm working on. This "work in progress" should be completed in the coming week.  As you see I did have a play with orange and blue, which is my favourite colour.



I created this painting from two different photos to try to get lots of vibrancy.

Have a great week,
Danielle

Comments