Playing with Contrasting Colours

For a number of weeks I've had this idea of a painting that would focus on contrast (similar to my recent painting of blue tiles and oranges).  Coming up with the right composition was not so easy as I had to bring together a number of  photos. In situations like this, coming up with the right proportions and angles for each item can be a challenge to make the painting believable.

Although blue and red are not quite directly opposite on the colour wheel (aka complementary), this combination provides a high contrast and high impact color combination.  Used in my new painting, I feel that each colour appears brighter and more prominent and makes me smile. 


Danielle Beaulieu watercolour of pomegranate and Chinese blue jars
Pomegranate, $510
Here is my new almost completed painting of blue Chinese porcelain jars and a pomegranate.  If interested in owning it, feel free to contact the Da Artisti Gallery or me and I will bring it to the gallery.


Have a great week,

Danielle


Comments