Faulty product

I had a disappointing experience this week with a new painting.  I had applied Pébéo masking fluid over some old drills to be able to paint the background in a uniform manner.  When I removed the masking fluid, the paper was a medium to dark blue instead of white. Since there is no way to remove the blue from the paper, the painting is going in the garbage. After a bit of research online, I suspect that the problem may be the age of the bottle of masking fluid which is still 2/3 full.  This is what it looked like.

I have restarted that painting. I invite you to Da Artisti Gallery on Sunday morning (10am to 1pm) to see me work on it.  My current exhibition at that Gallery is still on for a few more weeks and it would be my pleasure to answer any questions.

In the past days I worked on another painting of rusted old gears and tools.  These items were lent to me by another artist a number of months ago.  Painting these old items felt really comfortable.  This painting is still unnamed. Any suggestions?
unnamed, 11" X 14"

Have a great week,

Danielle

Comments