Family Quilts

There are some objects that are so commonplace in our everyday lives that we hardly give them a second thought. A quilt is probably one of those items. Many of us have probably snuggled up with a handmade quilt at some point in our lives; maybe you have one that was passed down from a grandmother or other relative.

I have a very warm one passed on from my maternal grandmother. Each piece of fabric has a story behind it. The quilt even contains pieces of a blue velvet dress that I wore when I was less than two years old. We take this quilt camping because it is guaranteed to keep us warm on cool nights.

As part of my watercolour series of antique items, here is an old chair and a few neatly folded quilts. This painting is derived in part from three photos while the colours and most patterns of the quilts are my own creation.

Quilts - 21" X 17"
Have a great week

Danielle

Comments