Painting with cats around

Last Spring I adopted 2 black kittens. Today they are almost full size and still adorable.

I've never had indoor cats before so this has been a learning experience.  They are really good in my studio which is an open space. Although they don't jump on my work surface while I'm there, there are signs that they do jump on it while I'm not there.  They don't touch my paintbrushes or anything else, but I find black hair in my paint.

Almost everyday when painting, I find a black hair, or two, stuck somewhere in the wet paint.  Of course I can't leave it there because it will leave an unwanted mark on my painting.  I guess it's a small price to pay for their companionship through the day.

It's a different story with my husband's office. The cats throw everything from his desk onto the ground as if they own the place.  I guess we know who's boss.

Here is my latest painting of a portion of an old chandelier. This painting required a lot of focus with all of the details.

Lights On - 14" X 11" - $350

I'm currently finishing a second one of this chandelier from a different angle.

Today I'm off to teach a watercolour class at Da Artisti Gallery and Studio. We'll be painting a Christmas card. 

Next Saturday November 23rd, I'll be at Wall Candy, a large art show in downtown Ottawa.  There will be 145 artists exhibiting their works. One of the goal for this show is to have affordable art. 

You can check out my exhibit tab on my blog to find out where I'll be exhibiting in the coming months.

Have a great week.

Danielle

Comments