Blast from the Past

In four weeks, I'm hoping you'll join me at the opening of my solo exhibit at the Shenkman Arts Centre on Sunday January 12, 2020 from 1-3pm.  I've been preparing for more than a year for this exhibit.

The exhibit entitled “Blast from the Past” will run from from January 9 to February 11, 2020. As life becomes more complicated, antiques remind us of simpler times. The common items we find in antique shops, abandoned farms, and historical sites are often overlooked by many people. Out of respect for those who have enriched our world with their clever craftsmanship, this exhibit will highlight the abandoned or neglected objects that our ancestors and grandparents used on a daily basis.

This exhibition, composed of more than 25 watercolours, will serve to remind viewers of a time without cellphones, WiFi, etc. The common items we find in antique shops are often overlooked by many people. These hold mysterious knowledge waiting patiently to be revealed. 

I gratefully acknowledge the financial support of the ARTicipate Endowment Fund for this exhibit.


Here is one of my new paintings of old wooden spools.  I started painting this on the plane from Paris a week ago.
Wooden spools - 8" X 10'

Have a great week

Danielle

Comments