New Decade

I started painting in the last decade. As with most new crafts / hobbies, the learning curve is mostly positive. 2019 had its ups and downs as most years do, but overall it was a great year. Let’s review the fun parts. 

The year started with my first solo show at the MIFO centre. Then, half way through the year, I was the featured artist at the Da Artisti Gallery - what an honour and unique opportunity that was. For this special exhibit, I painted two new series - one with produce from the garden and the second dealt with candy and crystal. 

I started teaching watercolour classes in the Fall and have truly enjoyed the experience and plan on continuing doing this. I discovered that as with sports and fitness classes, my style is that of a "coach". Guiding beginners with this difficult medium (watercolour) has been a true pleasure because the students results were very impressive. 

I also entered my first international juried exhibit and had two paintings accepted. I also received a request to give a workshop in the state of New York and am still trying to decide if I'll accept this challenge.

The Arteast Juried Exhibit (Mosaic), and the Ottawa Watercolour Society 79th Juried Exhibit each accepted two of my paintings.

Being the recipient of two grants (Ontario Arts Council and ARTicipate Endowment Fund) was also a privilege.

Would you believe that these are only some of the good things that have happened to me in 2019.


Here are a few of the paintings I completed in 2019:



I already know that 2020 is going to be a wow year. It’s going to herald new challenges and more down time and for that I can’t wait. I also can’t wait to share and can’t wait to breathe in a fresh start and can’t wait to breathe out new work.

The new decade and next year will start off with a bang with my second solo show, entitled "Blast from the Past" at the Shenkman Arts Centre from January 9 to February 11, 2020. The vernissage is scheduled for Sunday, January 12, 2020 between 1 PM – 3 PM. I hope you'll be joining me.

Happy New Year,

Danielle


Comments