Chandelier

Just over a month ago, I had the immense pleasure of visiting a large antique / flea market in Paris. 

This market was established around 1870 and is the largest antique market in the world. It attracts more than 11 million visitors per year and boasts more than 2,500 stalls spread over 7 hectars.

Although we walked for hours in that market, we didn't see all of the eccentric finds which are endless. There were numerous charming ​knickknacks, garden ornaments, naughty sculptures, retro furniture, books, quills or prized antique items, including chandeliers. 

I had painted a couple of chandeliers prior to our trip and was particularly interested in trying to take more photos of chandeliers.  Luckily I was able to  take a few pics.  

Upon my return, I painted a new watercolour of one of the chandeliers that I saw in one of the quaint shops.  The chandelier was actually a pedestal one (see photo below). I replaced the based by a crystal ball that I saw on many other chandeliers.

I'm pleased that this painting was accepted in Arteast's Mosaic juried show.




Have a great day,

Danielle

Comments