My second solo show is almost here

Happy New Year!

More than a year ago on ‎Thursday‎, ‎November‎ ‎29‎, ‎2018 I received news that a jury had selected my application to exhibit some of my watercolours in a City of Ottawa Community Gallery. I can't believe that that time to hang my paintings is almost here. Next Wednesday January 8th, 2020 I'll be hanging some of my watercolours in the Trinity A Gallery at the Shenkman Arts Centre / Centre des arts Shenkman. The exhibit is entitled "Blast from the Past" (https://www.facebook.com/events/598095764297944/). 

All paintings relate to antiques. As life becomes more complicated, antiques remind us of simpler times. The common items we find in antique shops, abandoned farms, and historical sites are often overlooked by many people. Out of respect for those who have enriched our world with their clever craftsmanship, this exhibit will highlight the abandoned or neglected objects that our ancestors and grandparents used on a daily basis.

I hope you'll join me on Sunday January 12 from 1-3pm for the vernissage. The exhibit will run until February 11, 2020. If you can't make it for the vernissage but wish to see the exhibit, I'd be glad to meet you there to walk you through it.

I'm into the final stages in getting ready. I have created approximately 35 paintings that I could use in this exhibit, but only about 25 will exhibited. I have even measured the exhibition space and planned which paintings will be hung where.

By now all I have to do is tie up the loose ends in the final days, this includes planning the food for my vernissage.


Although I have too many paintings for this exhibit, I wanted to continue painting antiques so that I could offer the best selection for this solo show. A week ago, I painted one more for this show. Here it is:
Danielle Beaulieu watercolours sewing machine


Danielle Beaulieu watercolours blast from the past poster

Danielle Beaulieu watercolours blast from the past poster

I gratefully acknowledge the financial support of the ARTicipate Endowment Fund for this exhibit.

This show is my no means the end of my love of painting antiques.

See you soon,

Danielle


Comments