Don't overwork

A number of watercolorists struggle with overworking.  It's easy to keep adding to your painting and trying to make it better or "fix" things that you don't like.  It's advisable to go at it slowly and work in thin layers and take regular breaks from the painting and look at it from a distance.  If you go too far, you may have to start over.

If you find yourself going over or obsessing about a certain detail, that's your sign to stop.  You want to take a break to make sure that you keep the freshness of the colours.  After a break your chances of seeing clearly how to finish a painting improve.

I continue to work on my project of my garden flowers. I'm particularly concerned with not overworking this bearded iris as there are much details.  In the next couple of days, I'll finish the edges of the falls and the background. After this painting, there are four more to paint for my project.

Bearded Iris - 10" X 10"

Have a great week and stay safe.

Danielle


Comments