Missing Scouring Antique Shops

During this pandemic and social distancing period, I miss scouring flea market stalls for one-of-a-kind antiques, meeting interesting people with intriguing stories. I have great memories of the different flea markets I have visited.

There is an area in Nice, France that is dedicated to a flower market six days a week. On the seventh day, you can find a wonderful assortment of antiques, knick-knacks and other interesting gems. It was at this antique market that I first noticed vintage spritzer bottles. Immediately upon seeing them, I was fascinated by them.

These are not your average clear thin rounded glass seltzer bottles, these are European heavy colored thick glass facet edge seltzer bottles.  These bottles were salvaged from bars and restaurants from across the region. The bottles  used to be filled with seltzer for making fizzy spirits. 

It has been a while since I painted antiques.  Painting these old bottles was a true pleasure. 

Have a great week,

Danielle

Comments