Small Jars from Paris

This past week has been a good painting week.  Isn't it always a good week when one gets to paint... LOL.  When I'm painting antiques there is a sense of belonging that comes over me.    Although antiques are not easy to paint, I enjoy exploring textures and surfaces with watercolour and I am fond of anything which is transient in our environment.

I'm working on a painting of small glass jars  seen at the Paris antique market a few months ago.  When I looked at my photos from our last trip, I was taken back to the day in the antique market where it was rainy and chilly, but I was happy since I was surrounded by interesting objects. We had gone into a large warehouse building where there were stalls of venders.  This is where I spotted a few crates with small dusty jars.

I hope to finish this painting within the next few days.

Small antique jars
21" X 17" - Title TBD

My next project may be either some red poppies or a landscape for our bedroom.

Have a great week

Danielle

Comments