Artist Challenge

If you are an artist what is the greatest challenge you experience?

Often time, my greatest challenge is the balance of my emotions for a certain painting and the planning process.  The stronger the emotions for a painting, the quicker I want to put brush to paper.  However, rushing the planning process is a really bad idea, especially for watercolour which is often an unforgiving medium.  

To obtain a painting that shows effective harmony, unity and coherence, the artist must spend time to plan every element.  This extends to composition, colours, approach, etc.  The artist is always rewarded when spending the necessary time on planning.

Here is my latest painting. I'm calling it "Around the Bend".  I can't wait to frame it in an old window frame.


The last layer of paint is stubborn and difficult to remove. I will share a photo once it is but together.

My commission is coming along nicely. The background is done and the future owners are pleased with it so far.

Have a great week,

Danielle






Comments