Excited for my upcoming series of workshops

I'm excited for next week's watercolour workshop. We'll start painting one of two very interesting photos.  The first includes Adirondack chairs that cast beautiful long shadows.  During this session we'll not only add unusual colours to the shadows, I'll start teaching more about creating interesting compositions.  Composition is necessary when artists want to use their own photos as reference material. The term composition refers to the combination of all elements in the artwork, including; visual elements, mood, light, shadow and in some cases emotional elements. On the other hand the term composition can simply just refer to how the subject matter of the painting, photograph or drawing is arranged.

If you are interested in taking your painting to the next level, why not consider signing up for this workshop from my website.



I'm also excited about my next workshops since I've bought a new document camera that will give participants excellent images when I'm demonstrating.  The quality of the image is outstanding and I can zoom in to show details.

Here is the painting that I completed during my last demo.  


It turned out to be a lot more effort than expected, but then some participants have expressed that it enabled them to develop their self confidence to paint on their own. Note that I taught them all the necessary techniques to complete it.  Maybe that was the unplanned goal of my last workshop since we didn't complete any of the flowers during our weekend sessions.

That's why for my next workshops, I vowed to slow down.  We are also tacking more challenging subjects and learning other things.

Stay tuned for two (2) more upcoming fun 3-hour weekend workshops for Art For Affect that should be public within a week.  When they will be posted I'll send out a newsletter to tell you about them.

Latest Painting


I'm still working on my large winter scene. Every day I think that this is the day that I'll get it done, but no. A few days ago, I had an unfortunate accident when one of my two cats spilled two large contains for water on my painting.   Luckily with my experience I knew what to do to save it.   The rest of this weekend, I need to get ready for next weekend and the two other upcoming workshops to be advertised.  In any event, here is where my painting is at now. I still have shrubs on the right hand side to complete.


And did I tell you that I've also been invited to teach for the Kanata Art Club?  Check out their website as I hear that  the class is almost full.


Have a great week,
Danielle



Comments