Art During Pandemic

The popularity of painting is surely gaining momentum.   Those who teach classes and workshops are noticing that it's a growth industry.  I am fairly certain that due to the pandemic, we are witnessing a phenomenon that has not existed to such a level previously.

Those who teach are noticing this trend mostly amongst women.  I don't know why that is that there aren't more men picking up watercolours.

What I do know is that it's getting easier and easier for people to learn watercolours.  Many artists who used to teach face to face workshops have converted to teaching online, thereby attracting new and novice artists from areas far from their geographical area.  I am also taking advantage of a number of online learning opportunities.  I'm also fortunate to have students from different areas in  Canada and the United States. If there were more days in a week, I could certainly teach more as the demand is great.

Here is the latest painting that I'm working on.  The choice of colours of the leaves was a luck of circumstances - my printer was low in ink and then I decided to use left over paint from a current workshop. So voila very blue leaves.

The Colours of Frost



Have a great week

Danielle




Comments