Photography and Still Life

This past week  I've been watching a photography course that I bought back in January.  Yes it took me a while to get to it.  

Since I enjoy painting still lives, I want to improve the quality of photos that I take.  This course is introducing me to a whole new vocabulary.  I'm still not finished  the course and have already bought some new equipment.    Originally I was thinking of getting a light box, but now I've got more interesting things on the way.  I'm not going all out with a new SLR camera but a few new pieces will sure be helpful.

As soon as I receive my new equipment, I will be practicing with different compositions.

Until then, I am working on a landscape scene.  Don't you love seeing reflections on water on a windless day.  These conditions offer mirror like reflections. Here is my interpretation of such a scene.  It is on my easel to decide if it is done or what else it needs.



Next, I think I might do a scene of a famous building in Québec city.  A friend of mine has been posting numerous paintings of scenes from Québec city and other areas.  I feel inspired to paint a photo that I have.  I also have another photo of reflections in water. So which one shall I paint next?

Have a great week,

Danielle

Comments