Learning from photographers

It's interesting to see how many artists I know that are also good photographers.  While the locations are their inspirations, their ability to crop and manipulate photos is vital.  Similar to artists, photographers often have to get out in the field to trigger inspiration.  Most artists store numerous photos that they have taken but yet get inspired to paint the most recent photographs taken.

Artists, like photographers likely walk slowly in nature to be able to explore the many angles.  They are likely both believers that there's not such thing as too many reference photos.

This week, I'm one step closer towards disclosing the dates and location of the pop-up show that I'm planning. This also means that I'll be able to schedule my next workshop.  For the month of September, I won't be able to offer 4 consecutive weekends as last season.  October should be a different situation. Check out my website for workshops that will be posted later today or tomorrow.

This past week, I started painting a full sheet painting.  A quarter into the painting, I had to abort. The still life was not coming together.  I then cut the sheet in half and painted another iris.  With exhibit opportunities coming up, I need to have small artworks available.  Here is my latest iris.


Bearded Iris #2 - 12" X 12"

Now I'm off to paint another small painting


Have a great week

Danielle





Comments