Amazing Architecture

Are you often considering a choice of different compositions. Let me suggest that instead of going with your first choice in a composition, why not go with your second choice.  It is highly likely that your first choice will be in your comfort zone,  while it is possible that your second choice  will stretch your capabilities and expose new creativity.

 

Today I do not have a WIP or completed painting to show you, but I can show you the reference photo that I'm working on.  I've had the pleasure of visiting this area four times, not counting the number of virtual tours.

The Palais Garnier is probably the most famous opera in the world. It features a large ceremonial staircase of white marble , which divides into two divergent flights of stairs that lead to the Grand Foyer. Its design was inspired by Victor Louis’s grand staircase for the Théâtre de Bordeaux. 


On Sunday I will be applying the first washes.  With the number of details, I have no idea how long it will take me to paint this scene.


Enjoy the sunny weather we have been having.


Danielle




Comments