Slow Progress - Palais Garnier

My creative day runs the gamut from the trivial day to day tasks that are necessary but rather shallow, to redesigning the garden to make it more pleasing to look at and walk through and challenging myself  with every new painting.  

Where I think I get into trouble is when I take on too many classes (teaching and participating) which requires creativity from the real work of making my art.  I am pleased that this summer I am focusing on creative activities that matter.

A few weeks ago I applied the first wash on my painting of Palais Garnier. Then, a number of activities got in the way.  I'm now back at work... snail pace work.

As usual, I'm sniffing around, deconstructing the colours and looking at texture in the reference photo.  There is always a lot of observation and planning that goes into a painting.

I've made some progress on the ceiling of the bottom floor of the staircase.


Have a creative week,

Danielle



Comments