Lack of Focus

Family challenges in the past months have had an impact on my art. Not only do I have less time to paint, I'm having more difficulty concentrating to paint and I'm making more mistakes.
 
In the past week, I needed to paint the background of a nearly completed painting with about 40 hours of efforts. To protect the painting from any splatters I cover the protected area with painters tape and seal the seams with masking fluid. So guess what happens when you forget to seal some of the seams. If you guessed that the paint would slip under the tape... BINGO!

Here is what happened to my peony. This is quite distressing because I was pleased with the rest of the painting.  Fingers crossed that my efforts will be able to correct this.

To distract me from the above disaster, I painted another small watercolour  with my harlequin fabric.  I purchased this glass pear last winter and have been waiting for the right time to use it. This one is 10" X 8".



Here is another painting that I completed in the past week.  I'll be painting a few more of the photos of  my hostas taken after the rain. These will be for the number of small artworks exhibit that I'll be participating in this fall.



Have a creative week,
 
Danielle


Comments