Some of the other extras

When most people think of artists, they probably imagine them sitting in their studio painting all day long.

Well, there are many other things to do to get ready for exhibits and shows.  Lately, here are just a few things that I've been doing to get ready for upcoming small artworks shows.
  • I need to find photos that would look appropriate to paint for 12"X12" wood panels.  Then I have to start painting and painting and painting.
  • Purchasing 12"X12" wall panels isn't so easy because there is a shortage in most art stores around in this area.  I had to find art stores in remote areas and order six here and six there.  Strangely  I ordered a brand I had never heard of from Amazon and they were of amazing quality.
  • Once I have the wall panels, and I purchased too many in the end, I have to sand them then prepare them which includes putting a sealer then applying a few coats of black on the sides.
  • After gluing the painting, I have to apply up to 5 coats of varnish spray.  After the varnishing, I paint the sides of the paper to give it a professional look.
  • Then I take photos form y records and to post some of them on social media and update my website.
  • As the time gets closer, I need to complete inventory documentation for each gallery.
  • For paintings coming to shows with me, I prepare labels and attend shows.
  • Then I have to replace paintings sold.  This is the most enjoyable part of the experience.

Here are a few small  paintings completed recently.  I like these water lilies and will paint at least one more.
 
There is one small lake where we occasionally go canoe camping that is almost entirely covered with lily pads and their beautiful blooms.  Of course there are also many frogs.

Raindrops on Lily Pads - 12" X 12"


One of the pleasures of going canoe camping is watching blue herons. These two paintings are 10"X12".

Note that the one on the right has sold already.


Have a wonderful creative week,
Danielle



Comments