Kindred Spirits

I'm so grateful for the wonderful friendships that I have been fortunate to form with a number of my class participants, many of which are kilometers away. I feel so blessed to have met a number of kindred spirits who have planted themselves in my heart.

My free open studio during the summer has been a great opportunity to foster those friendships. Often times, when things were difficult, I could forget my problems for two heavenly hours. It’s actually hard to describe what these connections feel like or what they mean for me.

This past week has been a good painting week. I was able to save my large painting. I look forward to framing it without glass.

Romance - 24"X 20"


Some of you might have seen the following painting of one of my hostas.
Rainbow End - 12" X 12"


There is another hosta on the way and lots more other small paintings most of which will be 12"X12". Stay tuned.

I will be participating in three small artwork shows in the fall and need quite a few small artworks. This past week I was invited to participate in the small artwork show at Cline Gallery in Cornwall.  In addition I'll have a number of small artworks at Da Artisti Gallery in Cumberland for the month of November and December.  The last small artwork show will be in Carleton Place Itsy Bitsy Show. More on dates later.

I'm also participating "Noir".  Come and experience an exclusive Fine Art Vernissage with a masquerade theme! As a VIP ticket holder for this exclusive, Opening Night soiree, you can expect a truly remarkable selection of art by 50+ professional artists from Ottawa, Toronto, Montreal, and regions in between.

In addition to getting first viewing opportunity to this exceptional art exhibition, you will also receive a swag bag, welcome cocktail and canapés, as well as a live performance by one of Ottawa's highly celebrated musical creators, Rebecca Noelle.

The evening will also include a Silent Auction and Door Prizes, which is being hosted in partnership with Queensway Carleton Hospital Foundation, for which all proceeds will go directly to their "Building Space Between the Walls" Campaign to help build a comfortable, modern, fully-equipped space for 15 bed bays at QCH.

Join us in this special evening soiree, and be among the first few who get to view the art, and select your favourite pieces before the exhibit opens to general admission the next day.

Get your early bird ticket at: www.eventbrite.ca/e/wall-candy-noir-opening-night-vernissage-tickets-288071047257

I hope you are having a creative week,

Danielle






Comments