Painting the familiar

I find it very stimulating to paint subjects that I'm familiar with. The best subjects are often more intimate close-up scenes.  The more I paint those subjects the more I learn about them.  I also look for strong light/dark contrasts.

Heavy Rain - 12"X12"



with other recent painting


I can't believe how time flies.  It's already time that I start planning my next workshops. There are a few subjects that are on my mind and I just need some time to work it through.

Have you purchased your ticket to Wall Candy NOIR. This will be an upscale, two-day fine art exhibition featuring 50 professional artists from Ottawa, Toronto, Montreal and regions in between. Don't hesitate too much because you may lose out on the early bird prices: https://www.wallcandyartexpo.com/. To anyone purchasing a full size framed painting, I will reimburse you the admission fee. I do hope that you seriously consider attending this exciting event.

Have a great week

Danielle







Comments