Be a voice not an echo

Are you familiar with Einstein's quote "Be a voice not an echo"? This one could be interpreted in a number of ways.

I doubt that any of us want our art to look like someone else's. Even having our art appear to be like someone else is usually not particularly gratifying. We paint what we see and express what we see in the way that feels right to us. If this were not the case, we'd all just buy the posters and not be creative.

For artists, having a voice is similar to having a style. Voice matters! You are unique. You see the world in ways no one else does. Paint differently.

In the past few days, I finished a couple of paintings.

Abbaye de Notre-Dame de Sénanque  16"X12"

Single Waterlily 12" X 12"

I expect to finish 2-3 more paintings in the coming days. With my two classes this week, I'll be painting some Fall leaves on water.  How exciting.

Have you heard about my new workshop?  I love the texture on these old clay pots. You can read more about it here:   https://www.daniellebeaulieuwatercolours.com/workshop/31484/2-day-online-watercolour-workshop-clay-pots


Have a creative week,

Danielle




Comments