Some studies have determined that too many options confuse people. I like to start new projects with a clean palette.  I regularly clean my palettes. I don’t put out a full spectrum of colours, instead I add colours in the order of the washes.  It's much easier to get vibrant colours this way.  First, I test out my colours then I add them to my palette one colour at a time trying to limit the number of colours used. If, for example, I’ve added raw sienna, then I try to make that yellow work throughout the painting. This helps with the colour harmony which unites the image and looks “true.” It’s amazing the colour range that can be produced with few colours. Colour mixing is fun and an art in itself.

This week I fell upon this 1921 quote by Napolean Hill - You will achieve no more than no less than what you believe you can achieve.

Here is one of my recent paintings.  This was painting during the first 2 weeks of my Thursday evening class.

Crowded Lily Pads 


If you were planning on attending Noir, Ottawa's premier art show, I suggest that you get your tickets soon because the tickets for the opening night are sold out.  There are still tickets for Saturday.

Registration for my new class with Kanata Art opens on Oct 11th for members and Oct 18 for non-members.  There has already been quite an interest for this one.


For all of my classes and workshops, you can always check out my website:  https://www.daniellebeaulieuwatercolours.com/workshops 

Happy Thanksgiving
Danielle


Comments