Special moments and special artworks

How many of you have looked back and regretted not buying something or not experienced something unique to save a few dollars?  I know that has happened to me and in the end costed me more as I paid for shipping to get the item I should have bought in the item when it was in front of me or was too late to enjoy a key experience while on vacation because I was penny pinching.

As I we look back on life, we tend to remember the highlights, the special moments, the special feelings, the special places, and even the special things. That is one lesson that I tried to convey to my son as he was growing up.  

During the art show in Carleton Place last weekend, I shared this sentiment with a number of patrons, and it was interesting to hear how many had the same sentiments ... having regretted not acquiring something that stirred some emotions inside them and teaching their grown-up children to recognize when something left behind would stir sentiments of regrets later on.

What are the things you remember from your life?

After the Buckhorn festival I wrote a blog about some people taking up too much time from exhibiting artists.  These comments were directed at those who spend 20-45 min trying to get free "watercolour lessons" while I'm attending a booth during the busy hours. These people wanted to know how I painted different topics instead of taking lessons. I certainly welcome chatting other artists and sharing tips.  Seasoned artists know that I'm there to sell my artworks and do not stand in the middle of the booth and pause the discussions while I discuss with potential buyers.  In reality, I'm thrilled to meet in person class participants and other watercolour colleagues.  Apologies if I offended anyone with that blog.

Last weekend, I finished teaching the workshop to paint this rustic old clay pots.  This workshop was enjoyable because we got to spatter and then bring the pots to life with the dark background.

Ready for Spring - 12"X16" on wall panel

I will have this painting and many others at my upcoming show next week at the Navan Arts and Craft Show, Navan Hall, Nov. 19 & 20, 10am to 4pm. I hope that you will stop by to say hi.

Have a great week

Danielle




Comments