The Creative Impulse

What is it that drives us to create art? Is there an underlying psychological drive, a subconscious force which simmers away beneath the surface before emerging in an explosion of creativity? Is there an innermost essence to this process, something which embodies our inclination to express ourselves through art?


When we think of artists such as Van Gogh and Picasso, we tend to think that art consumed them.  Art was something reflective and was greater than any concerns they may have had.

 

I’m not sure what they called it but, do you think they called their art practice "play" to free up something creative within them?


I'm currently working on a new large painting. Maybe I'll be lucky and this will be ready for my upcoming solo exhibit at the Galerie Old Chelsea in a few weeks. I don't need an extra painting, but I'd sure like to exhibit these blue jars and marigolds.



I recently finished this latest demo painting for my class about old barns.



My upcoming solo show at Galerie Old Chelsea (see address below) opens on April 28 and closes on May 17th.  The vernissage will be held Sunday April 30th from 1-4pm.  Mark your calendars!


Have you subscribed to my newsletter to make sure not to miss any of my new paintings?

Register here: https://www.daniellebeaulieuwatercolours.com/email-newsletter


Stay creative,

Danielle



Comments