Art Juried Show – I got in!!


Last weekend I submitted two of my watercolour paintings for a juried show at the Shenkman Arts Centre as party of the “Mosaic” show hosted by Arteast, a local artist association I joined a couple of months ago. I’m thrilled that my two paintings were accepted for the show that starts on Feb 13th and ends on March 18th, 2014. Yahoo!! Here is the link for those who are interested:
http://shenkmanarts.ca/en/exhibits_expositions/calendar_calendrier/index.htm

This will be my first “artist” show. I’ve shown my paintings at craft shows with various other crafts such as knitting, cutting boards, etc., bBut this will be a show of peers and my paintings will be seen by those wanting to see art as opposed to looking for gifts and nick knack at a craft show.

This artist world is all new to me. It seems that some people apply for shows like this for a number of reasons, almost all of which to advance their career as an artist. Most artists need to build their artist résumé and it appears that being included in various shows is a step forward for better things. As for me, I’m just happy to be included amongst other artists. Painting remains a fun pastime

A few weeks ago, I mentioned I was working on a commission painting of a banyan tree. Well, here is the finished product, it is 18" X 24". You get a sneak peek as the client has not seen it yet.

Danielle Beaulieu Watercolor of banyan tree


Have a good week,
Danielle

Comments