Taking it easy

 
For most days when I paint, the goal is to improve a specific skill. Once in a while, I just want to paint a simple subject just for the hell of it.

While we all use both sides of the brain, each of us has a dominant side, and this dominant side makes up for a huge part of our style of paint I’m more inclined to on any given day. On most days, my right side is dominant and I’m more intuitive and curious about things like painting and experimenting. Other days like today, the left brain is trying to be dominant and I become more analytical. On those days, my mind just wants to paint “within the lines” and my creativity is lessened. Hence today, I’m painting simple subjects.

Earlier this week, I had a weird urge to paint shoes. The inspiration came from a photo on “Paint my Photo”. Also, since I have a number of friends who LOVE shoes, I thought I’d paint something that might appeal to a different community - shoe fanatics.

I normally prefer to paint landscapes and florals. Here are a few shoes I’m working on. I’m doing a short series to include in an old cabinet door.

Here is my first attempt of some red patent shoes!

Danielle Beaulieu watercolour of red patent shoes






 Other photos will likely be posted this week on my Facebook page.

Danielle

Comments