What’s better than an outlet for art supplies?

 
This past week I had the pleasure of visiting New York City. Near New York City, in West Orange County, is an outlet for art supplies.

I normally do not like shopping and am not impulsive when shopping for regular stuff, but art supply stores are different. However when it comes to these stores, especially an outlet, I have a huge craving to get more and more stuff.

This store in particular has extremely competitive prices and supplies not found in Ottawa. Do I need any more reasons to buy more art supplies?

The damage for this trip includes two easels, new paints, brushes, art board, pencils, pastels, paper, etc. You see I had a good reason to buy all of this stuff. I want to try some plein air painting this summer – if the nice weather ever arrives.

Today I tried out some of my new paint brushes and paint (limited edition Winsor & Newton transparent orange). Here is the result.
Danielle Beaulieu's watercolour of a sunflower


Danielle

Comments