First Anniversary

Would you believe that it's already been one year of sharing insights and tips related to my watercolours. Actually, this blog's anniversary was January 4th - last weekend and I completely missed it. That's just an indication of how time flies when you're having fun.

I would  like to thank those who are reading this blog and I hope you will continue to follow my posts in the future. I can’t wait for what ideas and subjects will come to me in the future, and what interesting posts might result.

In the past weeks, I've been writing a grant application to help provide additional financial support to a local art association that does great work for its artists and the community. In preparing this grant I've been researching about the benefits of supporting local artists within our neighbourhoods -- connecting with our communities and contributing to the local economy.

In a report entitled Valuing Culture, the Conference Board of Canada noted that “when all citizens have opportunities to participate in the cultural life of their communities, and feel free to express their cultural identity, the social pay-offs can be great. Communities develop greater cohesion and intercultural trust, improved public safety, more engaged youth, a higher level of community health, and the innovation which leads to creative growth”.  Hence, let's all support our local artists.

Who knew that art played such an important role in enriching our communities.

In addition to working on the grant application, I also painted during the last days of my holidays.  Here is one of my new winter landscapes. 

Danielle Beaulieu's watercolour of fresh snow on country road
Did you know that you could subscribe to this blog. This means that you would never miss a post as they would be sent to your email.  To subscribe enter your email in the box on the top right hand side of this page.

Again, thank you for your support.

Danielle

p.s.  I'm still waiting for my new paper to paint the apple blossoms that I have planned.  The paper is expected to be delivered on Monday ;-)

 




Comments