Beauty of Eastern Townships in Québec

If a picture is worth a thousand words, then I can tell you that I collected more than a few encyclopedias of stories last July when I visited the Eastern Townships which is an area about one hour south east of Montreal.

Not only does this area have scenic routes, wines routes, cycling routes, heritage trails it also has a number of art tours.  There are beautiful covered bridges, historic school houses, old mills, etc. The opportunities for great photos are endless.  When I visited the area I took a number of photos, here are a few of some of the barns I took. 
Photos of barns in the Eastern Townships
Some of these will certainly be introduced in paintings in the coming months.

There are a number of art galleries and artists, many of which inspire.  I'm somewhat envious of theses artists that they have within a few minutes so many beautiful sites to paint.

The area also has many antique shops.  Although not in a shop, here is my new painting of an abandoned wagon in a field.  The owner was certainly proud of his wagon and wanted to display it because the grass around it had been trimmed.
Danielle Beaulieu's watercolour entitled "Broken"
If you're interested in learning more about this area, the National Geographic wrote a wonderful article about it. This is certainly an area that I'll be returning to.

Have a great week,
Danielle

Comments