Thanksgiving weekend and being thankful


On this Thanksgiving weekend, I'm thankful for so much and  I’m aware of the fact that the world is full of pain and suffering, hardship and turmoil, disappointment and regret. So the fact that I can be thankful and mean it is, in its own way, a small miracle.

I am fortunate to live in a country that has been at peace for so many years or able to choose to visit other wonderful countries

So today, I am grateful and chose to make a list. My challenge to you - take some time this weekend, wherever you are and whatever you’re doing, to come up with a gratitude list. If it doesn’t come naturally, don’t let that stop you from still giving thanks. There is still much to be thankful for.

And in case you were wondering, here are my 10 reasons to give thanks  this weekend:
  1. I am thankful for my health, for being able to exercise and eat turkey dinners.
  2. I am thankful for my family, who are my biggest supporters.
  3. I am thankful for the gift and work of  painting — that it is both difficult and easy at the same time. Easy to do, hard to master. Always frustrating. Always rewarding.
  4. I am thankful for friends who so generously share their valuable time with me
  5. I am extremely thankful for the online  communities of painters and art lovers who are making a difference in the world. You guys inspire me.
  6. I am thankful for living in a town full of creative minds and opportunities.
  7. I am thankful for doing work that matters and colleagues that are dedicated.
  8. I am thankful for my garden and mother nature that makes it grow and provide me with hours of enjoyment
  9. I am thankful that I am able to live in the country side that allows me to recharge my batteries every day
  10. I am thankful that I can travel and can experience so many awesome sights.
Here is a recent painting of lupines that were in bloom in my garden last June.
Danielle Beaulieu's watercolours of lupines
Have a great week
Danielle

Comments