Busy weekend

Today starts the 3-day Nepean Fine Arts League Fall show. There will be approximately 45 artists exhibiting at this event. This show tends to have a great variety of art.

Participating in these shows can be exhilarating, terrifying and exhausting, all at the same time.  The exhilaration comes from the number of interactions with art lovers and other artists, this also leads to an exhausting state at the end of the 3-day. Also, each participating artist is always concerned that they may not sell anything or that their art doesn't get any attention. 

I believe that this is the last art show in the Ottawa area before Christmas.  So we all get to rest for a number of months after the flurry of art shows.

Therefore, I'm publishing this blog early because I know by Sunday morning I'll be tired.  This will be a busy weekend.

Here is my latest painting that I'll have at the show.
Danielle Beaulieu's watercolour of birch trees in the fall
Note the beautiful frame made out of barnwood that my husband made for me.  The grey wood and knots are outstanding.

At this show I'm bringing mostly landscapes and a few florals.

If you happen to drop by, please say hi!

Have a great weekend
Danielle

Comments