Rustic barn wood frame

These past month has been busy with work and with completing a grant application for one of the art associations I belong to. I'm quite happy with how the grant came together and now it's up to the City of Ottawa to decide how much money we should receive. Last year, we received more money than in previous years so I'm hoping the trend continues as these local art associations play a key role in our community.

Last fall, my husband built three beautiful frames from old barn wood.  I think they look gorgeous. Their rustic look goes so well with landscapes.

Recently, I started a large painting of peonies. It's one of those paintings that will take a number of hours an days.  Yesterday I needed a break from it so in looking around my workshop I spotted one of the barn wood frames and thought it was about time I painted a winter scene to fit in one of them.  Since I couldn't find a photo that really spoke to me at the time, I decided to paint a fence across a field with a few trees. Here it is:

Note the ragged edges on this frame which are natural. I enjoyed playing with the different blues to paint the sky, shrubs and snow.

Here is a little sketch I painted last weekend.
Have a great week
Danielle

Comments