Vacation time goes by too quickly

I hope you had a good holiday week.  Isn't it incredible how fast a week off goes by?

During my week off from work, I ended up doing most of the things I had planned on doing. Every day, I spent many  hours writing the grant to obtain funds for the Arteast Association. The grant needs must be sent to the City in about two weeks. I'll be glad when that's over since it will give me more time to paint.There is never enough time to do everything I would like. 

I'm happy with the commission piece that I did. Here it is:
Danielle Beaulieu's watercolour of a blue heron
The following painting is from a photo that I took in New York City's Hell's Kitchen flea market. They have the most interesting vintage things of all kinds at that market. Here is a progression of that painting which took many many hours to complete.

I'm only starting to put the colour on this first photo:
The colours are starting to intensify as I apply many layers of blues, greens and purples.
Here is what the final product looks like:
Tomorrow is back to reality as I return to work.  Overall, it's been a great holiday with numerous dinners with friends and family and painting almost every day.

Happy New Year and have a great week,
Danielle

Comments