Creativity - do we all have it?

When I tell people I paint, many reply by  saying “I’m not really a creative person” or “I didn’t get any creative genes”. Sound familiar?

On a day-to-day basis it is common for us to be passive consumers, working long hours in what we believe to be non-creative jobs only to come home and passively watch TV.  It wasn't too long ago that people needed to be more creative in their daily lives because they need to make things and to entertain themselves.

Today, creativity can be expressed in different facets. It can be manifested in finding various solutions at work, such as reframing various challenges, brainstorming, trying to sell new ideas, etc. In the home, creativity can be used for coming up with different meals, different decorating ideas, sewing, gardening, etc.

As for being an artist, every young child when given crayons or markers figures what to do.  Hence, we are all artist in the making. All we need to do is give ourselves a chance.

Here is a watercolour created last weekend on the back of an older painting.  I painted this as I waited for another large painting to dry.
Danielle Beaulieu watercolour
Aside from this, I've been working on a large creek that is flowing and now considering to abort and start over.  C'est la vie! Sometimes we need to find a different path to where we want to go.

Have a great week,
Danielle

Comments