Hoping to be part of special event

The city of Ottawa created a $250,000 arts fund to celebrate Canada's 150th anniversary in 2017 because our mayor want arts to play a central role in the celebrations. I'm lucky to live in a city that appreciates and encourages art and encourages creativity.

In the past weeks, I've been work with a couple of talented artists to prepare an application for some of the funding that has ben set aside. We're hoping our proposal will sufficiently showcase Ottawa’s rich heritage.  If our proposal is accepted, I'll share the essence of our proposal.  In the mean time, I'm learning how the art community is supportive. It's amazing how artists encourage each other.

Next weekend is Easter weekend and I'll be participating in an interesting art show in unused storage units with the same talented artists I'm working with for the 150th proposal.

In the past week, I've been working on a floral to fit in one of the large cabinet doors that I have. This is from a photo of a delphinium from my garden last summer.  I painted this as one large painting and then cut it out for each of the window frames.
Danielle Beaulieu Watercolour of Delphinium

Have a great week,
Danielle

Comments