How I enjoy canoe camping

A week ago, my husband and I went canoe camping in the Adirondacks. We had a great camp site and were lucky to be the only one on a small lake.  A number of loons, blue herons and ducks visited us.

Canoe camping is one of my favorite activities because you get to drop everything and get away from it all, including stressful work.  It is the perfect activity to enjoy the pleasures of nature. Spending quality time with my husband travelling across the water, taking breaks along the way, discovering various flora and fauna and sleeping by a crackling fire is priceless. We had great weather conditions which allowed us to relax in the tranquility that the water has to offer.

I brought a small painting kit and tried painting.  I don't do much plein air painting and this was not an encouraging experience.  More practice is certainly required.

A few weeks ago I painted a peaceful scene, but felt I should do more with it.  Last weekend, I added a few trees to the scene and I'm now happy with the painting.  Here it is:
DAnielle Beaulieu watercolour
Have a great week,
Danielle

Comments