Art vacation

Last week, my husband and I headed off to the Charlevoix area to soak in the arts and landscape.

We spent the first night in Québec City.  As it happened, they were having a festival that included 36 art galleries being opened till 11pm.  The streets in the Petit Champlain area were jammed packed with people trying to get into the galleries or lining up for drinks or listening to live music.  Most of the galleries appeared to contain contemporary art so I didn't feel like I missed much.  I had never seen so many people at any art event.

We then headed off to Baie Saint-Paul where a 10-day art festival called "Rêves d'automne" was being held. More than 80 artists participate in this annual festival. There are numerous tents with artists exhibiting some of their paintings while others were painting in the adjacent park.  In addition to this art festival, there were numerous galleries to visit. Unlike Québec City, most of the galleries sell landscapes that I can relate to.  Oh how I wish I had more wall space to bring back some new paintings.

In addition to seeing many many paintings we saw lots of antiques.  Of course I had to bring a few back home.  While driving around, I took numerous photos of barns, mountains, St. Lawrence rivers, etc.

This week's painting is of some wooden beehives that I saw this summer. I have no idea why each component was a different colour. It's as if someone had lots of different leftover paints.
Danielle Beaulieu watercolour of beehives
Have a great week
Danielle

Comments

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on the post and painting of the week.