Favorite Inspirational Art Quotes

There is no shortage of  inspirational art quotes.  Here are some of my favorites:
  • Art must be an expression of love or it is nothing. -- Marc Chagall
  • I am seeking. I am striving. I am in it with all my heart. -- Vincent van Gogh
  • Creativity takes courage. -- Henri Matisse
  • Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. --Pablo Picasso
  • To be an artist is to believe in life. -- Henry Moore
  • It is important to express oneself...provided the feelings are real and are taken from you own experience. --  Berthe Morisot
  • Whether you succeed or not is irrelevant, there is no such thing.  Making your unknown known is the important thing. -- Georgia O’Keeffe
  • A good artist has less time than ideas. -- Martin Kippenberger
  • Have no fear of perfection, you'll never reach it.-- Salvador Dali
  • It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.-- Henry David Thoreau
And my favorite:
  • Paint what you want to see, not what you see.-- Lian Quan Zhen
This week's painting is of a blue heron I saw last August when I was canoe camping in the Adirondacks.  The painting is in a beautiful barn wood frame that my husband made.
Danielle Beaulieu's watercolour of a blue heron
Have a great week,
Danielle

Comments