Lucky to feel motivated

I can't tell you how many times other artists ask me how I find the time to paint since I have a full time job with long hours. What's interesting is that this comment often comes from people who are retired. 

I probably manage to paint on a regular basis for the following reasons:
  • I still feel like watercolours are new to me and I'm get so excited at the thought of painting.
  • I make it a point to set aside some time to paint every weekend.  I don't recall the last weekend I didn't paint.
  • It helps that I have a dedicated studio to paint and do not need to set up or put away my supplies.
  • I often set goals for my paintings.
Maybe I'm just plain lucky because I always feel motivated to paint.

I expect to retire in a 2.5 years and I look forward to painting a lot more at that time;-) 

Recently, I painted some more old tools. This time, the painting is of old pulleys hanging from a rusted metal ring.  I'm pleased that this painting was also admitted to the upcoming Ottawa Watercolour juried show.

Here is a look at the reference photo I worked with:

Here is my interpretation of that photo:
Danielle Beaulieu watercolour of hanging pulleys

Have a great week,
Danielle

Comments