Apple blossom bouquet

Lately, I've been painting antiques with much texture and have been enjoying painting these topics. I will certainly continue to explore this vast subject as there are so many interesting options to paint.

During the holiday season, I had an urge to paint flowers.  I hadn't painted any floral in a while. Obviously painting flowers is different from painting antiques as I have done recently. In addition to trying to depict rusty metals, I enjoy creating a very soft look. Here is my latest painting of apple blossoms: 
Danielle Beaulieu watercolour of bouquet of apple blossorms
It was a lot of fun creating the gentle petals with various colours and layers of paint.  I intentionally painted the vase with few details as it is not the focus. Consequently, I think I'll paint another floral next.

This past week, I changed jobs. There is no way this new job could be as busy as the previous, hence I'm hoping to be able to spend more time painting during the weekends and maybe a bit more house cleaning.

Have a great week,
Danielle

Comments