Feeling the need for some colours

A couple of few weeks ago the weather started to get colder and we got lots of snow.  We had so much snow that it covered the dried up plants (ex. echinacea) that we leave in the garden to feed the birds in the winter and some of the other plants (ex. sedums) we leave to remind us that there are some plants under the blanket of snow.

Although the spruce and pine trees looks wonderful in the winter, I do miss the garden. Specifically, recently I longed for the colours of flowers.

I started this large painting of 'Jackmanii' clematis and white rose a couple of weeks ago. Who knows how many leaves I painted to try to make this look like my garden. In any event, it was satisfying to use purple and rose colours on a painting.  A number of hours later here it is:
Danielle Beaulieu watercolour of "Clematis meets Rose"
As you can see, I've framed this garden scene in an old window frame.

You may think that it's too early to think about the garden. But it's not since this is the time to order seeds online so that I can start the seedlings in February ;-)

Have a great week,
Danielle

Comments