Memories

One of my grandfathers was a very talented woodworker.  It's not the fact that he built items with extreme precision that was impressive, it's that he did all of this with no power tools.  He used hand tools to work with solid wood to create lamps, puzzles and furniture. He was very patient when he was building something.

During the holidays, I dedicated many hours to painting these old tools.  Like my grandfather, I required a lot of patience.
Danielle Beaulieu - memories
A couple of weeks ago, I was informed that this painting was juried into the annual juried show (aka Mosaic) for Arteast Association. The exhibit will be held at the Trinity Gallery in the Shenkman Arts centre between February 9th, to March 14th, 2017.  In addition to this painting, you'll also see my painting of old railroad nail. 

Have a great week,
Danielle

Comments