Is there an art association in your city?

Is there a visual arts association in your city or town? Chances are the answer is yes.  However, some cities might not be as lucky as Ottawa that has quite a few.  When visiting an artist friend in Kingston yesterday, she mentioned she had not been able to find an active visual art association.

Art associations offer developmental opportunities to their members in addition to number of exhibits. Many non-profit art associations are geographically defined areas.  Here is a list of art associations from the Ottawa area that I familiar with:
  • Arteast Ottawa (which I am a member)
  • Ottawa Art Association  (which I am a member)
  • Nepean Fine Arts League (which I am a member)
  • Ottawa Watercolour Society (which I am a member)
  • Arts Ottawa East   (which I am a member)
  • Manotick Art Association
  • Ottawa West Arts Association
  • West Carleton Art Society
  • Kanata Art Club
Most if not all of these art associations have been organically created and they provide benefits to local communities and businesses. The unfortunate consequence of a city where art associations are commonplace is the danger of losing the very essence that defines each of them. 

Here is a small watercolour that I painted a few weeks ago.
Danielle Beaulieu watercolour of wagon wheels
Have a great week,
Danielle

Comments