Over the hump - old barn

A few weeks ago, I started a larger painting of a wicker basket with peonies and hydrangeas. Many hours went in to this painting. However, it seemed that whatever I tried wasn't enough to bring the painting to my liking. Despite much encouragement from some online colleagues, I have set aside that painting for now, looked through some of my photos and found a photo of a barn outside Wakefield.  I needed to focus on something different.

After many hours on this painting of the old barn, it might be done.  It's at a stage where I can let it sit for a while to see what I've missed or what I can improve.  One thing I'm considering is cropping out the tree to the right. What do you think?
Danielle Beaulieu watercolour of Wakefield barn
I must admit that this one was a lot of fun because of the various texture of the barn wood and branches.  Part of the fun was creating the many browns and greys to try to keep this interesting and looking old.

Have a great week
Danielle

Comments