Exposing kids to art

It's important to expose kids to art early in life.  Exposing young children to art encourages exploration, self expression, respect and creativity. Most importantly, art appreciation teaches kids to think openly and be more accepting of differences.

Here are a few ideas to expose kids to different types of art:
  • visit art museums
  • attend art fairs
  • introduce them to art books
  • Look for art all around
  • support their attendance at art classes
  • provide them with creative material
  • provide encouragement

Today I'm at the Art on the Farm, at the Experimental Farm in Ottawa.  This is the show that I bring the most amount of paintings and hence requires the most preparation.  I had a great time last year  at this event as there were many art admirers who visited the exhibit and I'm hoping this year will be just as busy.

Here is a painting of delphinium from my garden with a couple of bees pollinating the flowers. I painted this odd size - 6" wide X 24" high - watercolour in the past week.  I love my delphiniums as they look majestic in the garden.
Danielle Beaulieu watercolour delphinium
Have a great week,
Danielle

Comments