Sense of accomplishment.

After many years of working in any field, many people want to settle down and do what interests them the most.  Many of them take up a hobby like painting in retirement

It's no secret that I think that watercolour is a wonderful medium. As a starting point, watercolour material is relatively inexpensive, relatively easy to carry around and it is totally involving once you get hooked. Unfortunately, it isn't easy at first. Unlike oils or acrylics you can't make some corrections or change your mind much as the painting progresses -especially not when you are starting out. However, through practice and perseverance you learn more and more. I have never been bored and I regularly surprise myself with some of the paintings I've produced in the past couple of years. There is a great sense of accomplishment.

I still have a few years till retirement and everyday I'm grateful that I have discovered watercolours and I'm excited thinking how much more time I'll be spending on watercolours once I retire.

I'm working on a painting that has a few details and is taking some time. This morning I felt like I wanted to try something quick. Here it is.


Danielle Beaulieu watercolour
Today I'm off to see the antique show in Merrickville, I hope to see some interesting things that I could some day paint.

Have a great week,

Danielle

Comments